- What is an affiliate program? How does it work?
- What is Commission Junction®?
- How does the GO.CO Commission Junction® program work?
- Who can participate?
- When can I get started?
- I'm signed up, now what?
- How much time does a visitor have to make a purchase after clicking on my affiliate link?
- How much commission do I make?
- What about product returns?
- How can my visitors search for a domain name from my site?
- What if I need to contact someone regarding the GO.CO Affiliate Program?
Frequently Asked Questions
GO.CO Affiliate Program through Commission Junction®
1. What is an affiliate program? How does it work?
An affiliate program is a profit sharing program where the affiliate refers traffic to another merchant's website in exchange for referral commissions. When a visitor to your site (the Customer) clicks on the affiliate link to our site and completes a purchase through one of our retailers, you get a commission!
2. What is Commission Junction®?
Commission Junction® is an online advertising company operating in affiliate marketing networks. Along with being the world's largest Affiliate Network, Commission Junction® also provides "performance marketing solutions" and helps provide the platform in order to run the affiliate network.
3. How does the GO.CO Commission Junction® program work?
In a nutshell, this is how the program works:
- Affiliate features .CO graphics and creative on his/her site to refer a Customer
- Customer searches for a .CO domain name on www.go.co
- That same .CO domain name is purchased on any domain retailer (i.e. GoDaddy, Network Solutions, NameCheap etc.) within 30 days
- Affiliate gets a 40% commission from the GO.CO program
4. Who can participate?
Most sites with content will qualify for the Commission Junction® affiliate program. However, we reserve the right to deny sites that we feel are inappropriate, including those that host sexually explicit material, promote violence and/or discrimination, illegal activities, etc. Apply today for fast review and approval.
5. When can I get started?
Immediately! To apply through Commission Junction®, click here to complete the online registration form to begin the approval process. Once approved, you'll receive a "Welcome Email" and be able to get started earning commissions by making referrals.
6. I'm signed up, now what?
The application process can take up to 3 business days; once approved, you will receive an e-mail welcoming you into the GO.CO Affiliate Program. It will contain everything you need to get started including instructions, banners and text ads.
7. How much time does a visitor have to make a purchase after clicking on my affiliate link?
A visitor has 30 days to complete their purchase for you to receive a commission from the program. If the visitor clicks on another affiliate or tracking link during this time, the commission will be awarded to the new referrer.
8. How much commission do I make?
Affiliates get paid a percentage of the Average Wholesale Fee that .CO earns from its network of Retailers. We earn a different fee from each retailer, each month, based on negotiated marketing agreements, volume discounts, promotions, etc. The standard commission rate to affiliates is 40%.
9. What about product returns?
If the purchase of a .CO domain name is refunded, either by a customer return or credit card dispute/fraud, your account will be debited for any commission earned on that transaction.
10. How can my visitors search for a domain name from my site?
We have special banner ads that allow your visitor to search for a domain from your site. When your visitor types the domain they are looking for into your banner and clicks "Search" on the link, they are redirected to go.co/register with the domain name search results displayed.
11. What if I need to contact someone regarding the GO.CO Affiliate Program?
For Commission Junction® affiliates, please email us her.
GoDaddy Registry powers one of the world’s largest and most diverse portfolios of top-level domains so you can find the perfect name for your business, brand or big idea.