.CO Request for Proposal
As part of the initial Getting Started phase of the .CO Registrar Accreditation Process, the .CO Registry has implemented a Request for Proposal to identify the strategic partnerships that will best strengthen the .CO marketing position. Outlined below are the steps you will need to review and fulfill prior to submitting the RFP.
For more information, please see our Registrar Accreditation FAQs or contact Accreditation@go.co.
Cover letter stating intent to become a .CO Accredited Registrar.
For your convenience, we have drafted a Cover Letter Template for your use. (Word Document)
Proof of ICANN Accreditation
ICANN Accreditation to offer at least .com, .net, and .biz domain names as identified on the ICANN website at http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html. Description of business model for selling Top-Level Domain Names (Corporate, Retail, Hosting Provider, Reseller or Combination)
- Number of customers
- Geographic distribution of customers (Top 10 markets)
- Business growth rate
- Total Domains Under Management (DUM) by Top 10 TLDs
- Overall TLD market share
- Market growth rate of hosting (and/or other premium product) customers
Proposed Business Plan for marketing .CO domain names during the 1st year of Accreditation that includes the following*:
- Quantify target audience for selling .CO domain names
- Marketing Placements: For each of the items below, please describe the minimum efforts and/or resources that - will be allocated for the sale of .CO domain names [based on the Wholesale Price]:
- Retail front of site placements
- Search results pages placement
- Media commitments including and/or exclusive to promotion of the .CO TLD
- Email marketing & newsletter placements
- Proposal & Plan for driving sales through a Reseller network
- Estimated projected monthly volume of .CO domain sales
Any other considerations to help inform the .CO Registry regarding the promotion of the .CO TLD
In selecting Accredited Registrars, .CO Internet SAS reserves the right, in its full discretion, to approve and/or disapprove any candidate. Every Accredited Registrar candidate that applies may not be approved and .CO